Our Mission: Promote useful, accessible recycling information
Through the nation’s largest and most accurate recycling directory, Earth911 connects consumers with over 1.6 million ways to recycle more than 360 materials in their local communities, helps businesses advance product stewardship and communicate with consumers at the touchpoint of proper disposal.
The why, where and how of recycling starts here
Earth911 connects consumers with the information they need to recycle any product, anywhere in the US. This interaction can happen anywhere: consumers enter a ZIP code and material into any website, mobile app or phone number powered by the Earth911 Recycling Directory. The results return a list of collection points nearby, with detailed information including hours, items accepted, a map, directions and contact information.
The recycling data experts
Earth911 performs outreach regularly to ensure information is accurate for every community. The Earth911 dedicated data team has frequent contact with manufacturers and recyclers to ensure accuracy of the information in the Earth911 Recycling Directory. They also maintain connections with solid waste districts at all levels across the US.
Earth911 gathers, analyzes and distributes recycling information to assist businesses with product stewardship and educate consumers on recycling.
What Earth911 does for businesses
- Direct consumers to recycling or proper disposal for products and packaging
- Create a custom, branded recycling solution on any website or application
- Understand real time recycling data and trends with Material Recycling Reports
- Design products and packaging to optimize the likelihood they will be recycled
What Earth911 does for consumers
Eco-conscious consumers can find recycling through the following channels:
- A company’s own branded Recycling Search that directs consumers to recycling for a particular product.
- Earth911.com: a leading website for green consumers, connects a rapidly growing user base with recycling resources, information on eco-lifestyles and daily news.
- iRecycle®: the mobile application, connects users on-the-go with directory information and lifestyle news through an iPhone or Android app.
- 1-800-CLEANUP®: a bilingual environmental hotline, providing directory access for people who don’t have Internet access or prefer the convenience of a phone line.